Gigabyte has this week announced new updates to its range of BRIX mini PC systems adding a HDMI 1.4b, HDMI 2.0 ports, together with an RS-232 COM port. Not huge upgrades you have to admit that the mini PC is also equipped with a fanless design and builds upon last years Gigabyte BRIX BLCE-4000C now offering a Celeron N4000 processor and the product reference of BRIX BLC-4000RC.
The Gigabyte BRIX mini PC still measures just 56.22 x 103 x 116.52 mm in size and its dual core 6 watt processor can be supported by up to 8GB of RAM and include enough room for a small 2.5 inch hard drive or solid state drive (SSD) to be installed. As well as connectivity via both Bluetooth and wireless connectivity via the PCIe slot board which the system ships with.
Brad Linda over at the Liliputing website explains that “Gigabyte is also launching two new models with 10 watt processors and active cooling. The new BRIX-BLCE-4105R sports an Intel Celeron J4105 quad-core processor, while the new BRIX BLCE-5005R has a Pentium Silver J5005 quad-core chip. The Celeron version is an update to the older BRIX BLCE-4105, but Gigabyte has replaced the simple, boxy chassis for the old model with the newer, rounded design used in the dual-core model.”
Specifications include :
– Features Intel Celeron Processor N4000
– Fanless design for embedded applications
– Ultra compact PC design at only 0.67L (56.22 x 103 x 116.52mm)
– 1 x SO-DIMM DDR4 slot
– Intel® IEEE 802.11ac, Dual Band Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.2
– Dual HDMI (2.0a+1.4b) Outputs (Supports dual displays)
– 4 x USB 3.0 (1 x USB Type-C)
– Gigabit LAN
– Headphone and Microphone Jack
– VESA Mounting Bracket (75 x 75mm + 100 x 100mm)